Current Affairs is an important section of any Banking, SSC, UPSC, Railways and any govt. entrance exams. All aspirants who are preparing for the upcoming exams in 2023 must be well prepare with this section. The current affairs are made by our experts for all competitive exams UPSC, SSC, IAS, Railway-RRB, UPPSC, UKPSC, TNPSC, MPPSC & Other State Government Jobs / Exams and latest Current Affairs 2023 for banking exams SBI Clerk, SBI PO, IBPS PO Clerk, RBI, RRB and more. Keep reading current affairs and GK facts updated on a daily & monthly basis on this page. Stay aware about the recent happenings in the country and across the globe and equip your preparation for upcoming govt. exams.
Current Affairs 2023
Here, we are providing Daily Current Affairs (GK Updates), Current Affairs Quiz (Questions), and Monthly Current Affairs PDF in English & Hindi based on daily news & events.
Daily Current Affairs 2023
Daily current affairs with date wise and month wise GK is provided below. Daily GK Updates and Current Affairs are clubbed by month-wise. This way, you can stay in touch with all the affairs in India and around the world, specially for preparing govt exams.
Current Affairs with Static GK : 16 February 2023
1) The Reserve Bank of India announced its second global hackathon — “HARBINGER 2023 – Innovation for Transformation” with the theme ‘Inclusive Digital Services’.
◾️Reserve Bank of India:-
➨Headquarters:- Mumbai, Maharashtra,
➨Established:- 1 April 1935, 1934 Act.
➨Hilton Young Commission
➨ First Governor – Sir Osborne Smith
➨ First Indian Governor – Chintaman Dwarkanath Deshmukh
➨Present Governor:- Shaktikanta Das
2) Raja Ram Mohan Roy National Award 2023 has been conferred on journalist ABK Prasad for his contribution towards journalism.
➨ This award is given annually by the Press Council of India.
3) An ongoing Indo-US joint exercise, named TARKASH, has for the first time included “Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) terror response” in its drill.
➨ TARKASH is a joint exercise by the National Security Guard (NSG) and US Special Operations Forces (SOF).
4) Maharashtra won the Khelo India Youth Games 2023 title after topping the medals tally with 56 gold medals, 55 silvers and 50 bronze.
➨ Last edition’s champions Haryana finished second with 41 golds, 32 silvers and 55 bronze.
▪️ Maharashtra :-
➨ Sanjay Gandhi (Borivali) National Park
➨ Tadoba National Park
➨Nawegaon National Park
➨Gugamal National Park
➨Chandoli National Park
5) The Minister for Communications, Electronics & Information Technology and Railways, Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw inaugurated AMRITPEX 2023 – National Philatelic Exhibition.
➨ The themes of the exhibition include Amrit Mahotsav of Independence and New India, women power, youth power, nature and wildlife, and culture and history of India.
6) State Bank of India (SBI) has opened its third specialised branch for start-ups in the country at Gurugram.
➨It will provide end-to-end support to start-ups, from formation of the entity till issuance of IPOs and FPOs.
▪️ State Bank of India :-
Founded – 1 July 1955
Headquarters – Mumbai,
Chairman – Dinesh Kumar Khara
7) An international team of researchers discovered a new species of spiny-throated reed frog while conducting an amphibian survey in Tanzania.
8) The Uttar Pradesh government launched the portal for the creation of “Family ID – One Family One Identity”, to identify families as a unit for implementing the ‘one job per family’ proposal.
▪️Uttar Pradesh :-
Governor – Smt. Anandiben Patel
➨Chandraprabha Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Dudhwa National Park
➨National Chambal Sanctuary
➨Govind Vallabh Pant Sagar Lake
➨Kashi Vishwanath Temple
➨Kishanpur Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Turtle Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Bakhira Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Hastinapur Wildlife Sanctuary
➨School Chalo Abhiyan
➨Sant Kabir Academy and Research Centre and Swadesh Darshan Yojana
➨Parivar Kalyan card scheme
➨Mathrubhumi Yojana Portal
9) Chief of Army Staff General Manoj Pandey released the book “A Chronicle of Central Command – Savdhaan” in New Delhi.
10) Indian Golfer Aditi Ashok triumphed at the 2023 Magical Kenya Ladies Open winning the tournament by nine shots to secure her fourth LET title.
11) The inception meeting of G-20 empower group of Ministry of Women and Child development was held in Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
➨The theme of the meeting was “Empowering Women to Lead across Sectors: Role of Digital Skilling and Future Skills”.
12) The central government has appointed two new Supreme Court judges named Justices Rajesh Bindal and Aravind Kumar.
➨ The apex court will now be functioning with its maximum strength of 34 judges.
13) Uttarakhand government approved Uttarakhand Competitive Examination (Measures for Prevention and Prevention of Unfair Means in Recruitment) Ordinance 2023.
▪️Uttarakhand CM :- Pushkar Singh Dhami
Governor :- Gurmit Singh
➠Asan Conservation Reserve
➠Country’s first moss garden
➠Country’s first Pollinator Park
➠Integrated Model Agriculture Village Scheme
➠Rajaji Tiger Reserve 🐅
➠Jim Corbett National Park
Importance of Current Affairs
Current affairs are an important part of many government exams, including the UPSC Civil Services Examination, the SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination, the IBPS PO and Clerk examinations, and others. They test a candidate’s general awareness of current events and issues happening in the country and the world. Current affairs are also used to test a candidate’s analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as their ability to think critically and form informed opinions.
Current Affairs for UPSC
For example, in the UPSC Civil Services Examination, current affairs are an important part of both the written exam and the interview. Candidates are expected to have a good understanding of current events and issues happening in the country and the world, as well as their impact on the functioning of the government and society.
Current Affairs for SSC Exams
Similarly, in the SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination, current affairs are an important part of the General Awareness section, which tests a candidate’s knowledge of current events, geography, history, economics, and other topics.
Current Affairs for IBPS PO and Clerk examinations
In IBPS PO and Clerk examinations, Current affairs are also an important part of the General Awareness section. It includes questions on current events, banking and financial awareness, static GK and economics.
Overall, knowledge of current affairs is essential for any candidate preparing for government exams. It not only helps in scoring marks in the exams but also helps in the overall development of the candidate as better civil servant.