Current affairs refer to the events and developments happening around the world, particularly in the fields of politics, economics, society, and international relations. It includes a wide range of topics such as political developments, economic reforms, scientific advancements, and social issues, among others. Staying updated with current affairs is crucial for individuals, as well as organizations, as it helps them understand the world around them and make informed decisions.
For students, particularly those preparing for competitive exams like the UPSC Civil Services Examination, current affairs play a vital role in their overall preparation. In the General Studies paper of the UPSC exam, a significant portion of the questions are based on current events. Hence, keeping updated with the latest happenings is crucial to secure a good score in the exam.
Current Affairs and Static GK : 04 February 2023
1) Uttar Pradesh government launched the “Aarohini Initiative Training Programme” for the safety and security of girls in all 746 Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas (KGBV).
▪️Uttar Pradesh :-
Governor – Smt. Anandiben Patel
➨Chandraprabha Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Dudhwa National Park
➨National Chambal Sanctuary
➨Govind Vallabh Pant Sagar Lake
➨Kashi Vishwanath Temple
➨Kishanpur Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Turtle Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Bakhira Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Hastinapur Wildlife Sanctuary
➨School Chalo Abhiyan
➨Sant Kabir Academy and Research Centre and Swadesh Darshan Yojana
➨Parivar Kalyan card scheme
➨Mathrubhumi Yojana Portal
2) Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitaramana announced change in income tax slabs, up to ₹7 lakh rebate under new income tax regime.
➨Persons in the new tax regime, with income up to 7 lakh will not have to pay any tax.
3) A new saving scheme “Mahila Samman Saving Certificate” for women and girls was announced in the Union Budget 2023-24.
➨The small savings scheme has a tenure of two years and will offer an interest rate of 7.5 per cent.
4) World Interfaith Harmony Week is an annual event observed during the first week of February, after General Assembly designation in 2010.
➨ It is observed to promote harmony between all people regardless of their faith.
5) The Indian Army conducted a joint training exercise “Exercise Trishakti Prahar” in West Bengal.
➨The aim of the exercise was to practice the combat preparedness of the security forces using latest weapons and equipment in a networked, integrated environment, involving all arms of the Army, Indian Air Force and CAPFs.
▪️West Bengal :-
➠CM – Mamata Banerjee
➠GOVERNOR – C.V. Ananda Bose
➠Folk Dances – Lathi, Gambhira, Dhali, Jatra, Baul, Chhau, Santhali Dance
6) Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, who presented her fifth straight Budget, listed seven priorities (Saptarishi) to guide the country through the Amrit Kaal.
➨The seven priorities are Inclusive Development; Reaching the Last Mile; Infrastructure and Investment; Unleashing the Potential; Green Growth; Youth Power; and Financial Sector.
7) Former Law Minister and senior advocate Shanti Bhushan passed away at the age of 97.
➨From 1977 to 1979, during the Prime Ministership of Morarji Desai, he was made the Law Minister of the country.
8) National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and his US counterpart Jake Sullivan formally launched US-India initiative on Critical and Emerging Technology (iCET) in Washington.
9) Minister of Tourism G. Kishan Reddy launched the Visit India Year – 2023 initiative and also unveiled its logo in New Delhi.
10) The Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, renamed the Al Minhad district and its surrounding areas as “Hind City”.
11) Government of Goa launched the Vision for All School Eye Health program in partnership with OneSight EssilorLuxottica Foundation and Prasad Netralaya.
12) Australia’s Usman Khawaja bagged the inaugural Shane Warne Men’s Test Player of the Year award following brilliant performances in the last 12 months.
13) Nagaland government and Patanjali Foods Limited have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for development and area expansion under palm oil cultivation and processing for Zone-II (Mokokchung, Longleng and Mon districts) of Nagaland under the National Mission on Edible Oils-Oil Palm (NMEO-OP).
CM – Neiphiu Rio
Governor – Jagdish Mukhi
Shilloi Lake, Meluri
Kohima War Cemetery
Tokhu Emong Festival
14) Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia virtually inaugurated IndiaOne Air’s Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) Flight Operations for Jamshedpur-Kolkata under the UDAN scheme.
15) Maharashtra government decided to recognise “Jai Jai Maharashtra Majha”, penned by Raja Badhe and sung by balladeer Krishnarao Ganpatrao Sable as the state song of Maharashtra.
▪️ Maharashtra :-
➨ Sanjay Gandhi (Borivali) National Park
➨ Tadoba National Park
➨Nawegaon National Park
➨Gugamal National Park
➨Chandoli National Park
Current Affairs Today PDF
In this article, we shared the Current Affairs GK Questions and GK Current Affairs 2023 from Daily Current Affairs 2023 for UPSC, IAS/PCS, Banking, IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, MPSC, KPSC, TSPSC, APPSC and other competition exams.
Current Affairs is a very important part of the overall preparation strategy for various Competitive Entrance and Government Recruitment Exams. With Current Affairs 2023, aspirnts preparing for UPSC IAS, Banking, SSC and other exams can stay up-to-date with the Current Affairs In India and around the globe.
Daily Current Affairs 2023
Attempt Daily Current Affairs and GK Quiz to boost your preparation for the general awareness section of the competitive exams.
GKGSCA.com provides the Latest Current Affairs that cover a diverse array of categories, genres and topics including Daily Current Affairs, Current Affairs Quiz PDF and Explainers for Current Affairs For UPSC Main Exam, which are tailored to help them crack the competition.